Career Resource Specialist
Lanham, MD | Full-time
If you're a passionate person looking for a community-focused career, please consider this position!
Employment Specialist - Lanham, MD
Our specialists are the face of the organization – acting as a career consultant to both the individuals we serve and the surrounding community.
Are you a passionate individual who thrives off of helping others? Is a work environment filled with variety your cup of tea? Do you want to make a difference in the community where you live? If this sounds familiar, then keep reading!
Work Opportunities Unlimited, a community-based Human Service organization, is currently searching for our next energetic Employment Specialist.
As an Employment Specialist, a typical day might include the following:
· Employment Support: Teaching pre-vocational skills such as resume writing, application writing and in-person interviewing. Providing on-site support with an individual at their job site.
· Employment Networking: Building relationships with local businesses within the community. Utilizing our collaborative approach to assist individuals in securing employment.
Part-time or full-time opportunities in the Lanham, MD, area.
· A dynamic work culture promoting personal and professional growth
· A diverse team of experts ready to assist
· A strong community-driven mission
· An awesome benefits package and competitive wages (because who wouldn’t want that!)
· Skills in building close-knit relationships and trust with others
· Valid driver's license and proof of automobile insurance
· Strong verbal, written, and face-to-face communication skills
· Experience working with individuals with barriers to employment
If you are enthusiastic, creative, organized, and enjoy a job with both challenges and rewards, please send your resume through our website at www.workopportunities.net or Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon offer, the chosen candidate will also be required to submit to criminal background and motor vehicle record checks that must meet company standards.